The physiotherapy department at THQ Headquarter Hospital Daska is newly established in 2018 with only one Therapist. Currently, the ward has two therapists (one male and one female). This department is probably the most advance ward of this hospital as it recently acquired several latest equipment to better address the needs of its patients.
The department provides the following services:
- Out Patient Department
- Post-Operative Patients
- Cerebral Palsy Patients
- Follow-up Patients
- Neuro Rehabilitation
Inventory of Psychiatry Department
The department is fully equipped with nearly all the facilities any advanced physiotherapy department is supposed to have. It is equipped with:
- Quericep Chair
- Pulley system
- Parallel Board
- Infrared Lamp
- Treadmill, Ergometer
Standrad Operative Procedures (SOPs)
- The admission and / or discharge should only be made by Psychiatrist / or Medical Officer on duty.
- For new admissions receive patient, check vitals before quarrying through old records, lab results, old discharge summary and old charts.
- After assessment and patient’s physical exam, complete admission orders including drug prescription immediately.
- Charge Nurses and Doctors are primarily responsible for writing daily notes on each of their patients.
- Drug dosage, side effects and interactions should be checked daily and major points should be noted down in patients record by Hospital Pharmacist.
- One attendant only allowed with one patient.
- On death / expiry of patient, complete documentation should be maintained by the Charge Nurse and endorsed by the Medical Officer / Women Medical Officer on duty.
Message From Incharge
On the behalf of my colleagues and friends, I welcome you to our department. We are committed to provide the best services in the entire district. Our state of the art facility is equipped with the latest machinery and our staff is exceptionally trained from the best institutes of the country.Physiotherapy carries immense importance in a hospital setting as it plays an important role in rehabilitation of patients from different departments. We approach every patient with this understanding and make sure that we provide them with the best available help.Our department plans on expanding in the future and starting a special section in our ward dedicated for children with Cerebral Palsy, Intellectual disability and physical disability.